Sunday, September 15, 2013


(5)Subtle Mind vs. Loving Kindness

 

     I especially enjoyed the Subtle Mind exercise. In contrast to the Loving Kindness exercise, the Subtle Mind exercise was easier to execute. It may have had something to so with the fact that I had just previously completed the Loving Kindness exercise, and was already in the right frame of mind to it. At any rate, the Subtle Mind exercise allowed me to train my mind to allow outside noises to continue but not distract me from my focus. I absolutely loved this exercise. I never really thought that I could successfully do such a thing. I like the fact that I could practice this exercise everyday and pretty much anywhere. The Loving Kindness exercise will not be easy for me to do anywhere other than at home. I need much longer time to do it and I need much more concentration.

     All in all, I like both exercises; I just think the Subtle Mind exercise did a much better job at clearing my mind and bringing me to relaxation and focus.

 

Melisa  Arebalo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melisa,
    I liked this exercise quite a bit visualizing my inner healer as my Grandmother a person who was wise,compassionate and was filled with goodness was very easy and upon completion of the exercise I felt not only relaxed and at peace but also vital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I liked this exercise because it brought back memories of a very special patient that I took care of. It left me feeling very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete