Loving Kindness-Melisa A
I found the Loving Kindness
Exercise to beneficial. I had to do it several times, as I was interrupted by
my family members. I added each one that interrupted me into the sea of people
who I needed to breathe in the negative feelings from, and breathe out wishes
of peace and love and loving kindness toward. Although that may seem funny, it
really helped, because I find interruptions of my homework for trivial matters
to be disrespectful-I may be anal retentive. I found this technique to help me
to remember that the people whom I feel negative feelings for, are people too.
They have feelings and they have hardships, and it is not fair to only extend
loving kindness toward those whom I am very close to. I had some resistance to
letting go of some of my negative feelings, so I know that I will have to
practice this exercise two times daily as prescribed by the narrator.
Mental workouts are
exercises that an individual can do to deepen or expand the abilities of the
mind. Based on the reading, mental workouts are shown to expand individuals’
mental capacities beyond what they believed to be possible. (Dacher, 2006)
Mental workouts are definitely becoming a stable part of my daily regimen. They
have already begun to cause me to be more open-minded and to see people that I
have dehumanized, as human again. I have also utilized certain positive self
talk to help me through situations that I would normally react improperly to.
No comments:
Post a Comment