Saturday, September 21, 2013

(6) Universal Loving Kindness & Integral Assessment


Universal Loving Kindness Exercise

It included sitting quietly and repeating the sentences:

"May all individuals gain freedom from suffering.

May all individuals find sustained health, happiness, and wholeness.

May I assist all individuals in gaining freedom from suffering.

May I assist all individuals in finding health, happiness, and wholeness."

 
The exercise was interesting and it definitely forced me into letting go-which is a thing that I find very difficult to do. I did appreciate the exercise and I will practice it regularly!

 During the assessment, I learned that I have trouble letting go of negative feelings and that is the aspect of my life that I chosen to be a focus of growth for myself. I feel that I need to allow my mental and emotional health to grow, and I cannot do that if I am not continually progressing.
I think that by continuing to practice the Loving Kindness Exercise at least a few times weekly, and following it up with the assessment weekly, I would be a more loving person, which would help my mental and emotional health.

Reference
 
Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Basic Health Publications, Inc.


-Melisa A.

No comments:

Post a Comment