The Meeting Aesclepius meditative practice was very helpful. All of the meditative execises that I have done seem to lend themselves to one another. When asked to picture a person that I have deep love for, I always picture my Dad. I found it hard to take on his qualities because I don't think that I could be as great or as kindhearted as my Dad. I think this taught me that I am worried that I can't be as good as I think I should. I think mindfulness and meditation has helped me to learn much more about my Psychological and Spiritual self.
The saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself'", means that it is quite difficult for an individual to take someone on a journey that they have never been on themselves. This applies to a journey that is figurative or literal. As a health and wellness professional I would need to make sure that I have experienced the exercises that I recommend to my clients. I cannot know how they work or how they feel if I have never done them myself. I alsi have an obligation to make sure that I am psychologically, spiritually, and physically healtlhy because I need to make sure that I can set a good example and that I am sound in judgement. I can implement this growth in my personal life by doing the exercises that I have been introduced to in this class and allowing them to change me for the better.
-Melisa A.
Hi Melisa,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post. I understand what you meant about visualizing your Dad. I visualized my Grandmother because she was the most loving and compassionate person I have ever known. I also agree that if we as wellness professionals do not practice and set the example for our clients to emulate then we will not be able to truly help anyone. I know that it is still a struggle for me to lead a more integral lifestyle but I am working on it and like anything else in life the result is sweeter when you work towards a goal and attain it!